A core element of M180’s mission is social inclusion for young people and children.
To assist we strive to improve the terms of participation in society for young people who are disadvantaged on the basis of age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion, or economic or other status, through enhanced opportunities, access to resources, voice and respect for rights.
Our processes at Marist180 follow professional standards for investigating and resolving formal complaints. We have actively participated in the Royal Commission, assisting with investigations where possible and today our procedures represent world best practice standards for agencies working with children and young people. All our staff are mandatory reporters of abuse in all its forms.
We are committed to:
• Supporting survivors of sexual and other forms of abuse, ensuring they are our first priority;
• Preventing abuse and the protection of all children and vulnerable people;
• Transparency, accountability and compliance with both civil and cannon law.
We strongly urge any person who has any evidence of abuse against any Marist Brother, Marist180 (formerly Marist Youth Care) member of staff or foster carer, present or past, to bring the matter to our attention.
They can do so in any of the following ways:
- Contact the police or relevant authority. For urgent matters where a child is at risk of harm, contact the Police emergency number – 000 (all states).
- Contact Chris Gandy, the Interim Chief Executive Officer of Marist180 or Maria Youssef the Marist180 Professional Standards Manager on 02 9672 9200.
- Contact the office of the Professional Standards Resource Group in the states Marist180 operates – NSW/ACT on 1300 369 977, QLD on 1800 337 928 or VIC on1800 816 030.
- Contact the Marist Brothers Professional Standards Officer, Mr Norm Maroney, on 02 9218 4000.
Again, we offer our deepest, most heartfelt apology to anyone who has suffered abuse.
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about Marist180 Research: