Marist180 is uniquely placed to learn from research in Australia and overseas, and to try, test and learn from service innovations.
The Marist180 Research Directorate was established in 2017 to generate and lead research initiatives that foster excellence and a strong evidence base for Marist180 services and those of our partners.
With a dedicated team of staff and capacity to engage research expertise from academic specialists and other research bodies, Marist180 research projects and activities will:
Implement and maintain a social impact framework for current and future Marist180 services.
Monitor, report, and contribute to research studies and improved practice and innovation in services provided in out of home care; education, youth transitions and employment for disadvantaged people; and Aboriginal and settlement services.
In 2017 we are focused on the following research projects:
- Improving Marist180’s ability to listen and learn from its service users and staff, through a review of how stakeholders experience Marist180 feedback and complaints processes.
- Improving out of home residential care and its outcomes, by:
- Investigating reasons for low school attendance for young people in Marist180 residential care and learning from young people, Marist180 staff, schools and other stakeholders how to improve school attendance and achievement.
- Investigating how Marist180 residential care homes can be good neighbours, so that young people can live in neighbourhoods and enjoy relationships that are safe, respectful, peaceful, and positive.
- Monitoring the value and impact of 180 Wellbeing Solutions.
- Investigating the conditions and practices that are most conducive to staff effectiveness, development and retention.
- Deepening understanding of the challenges faced by young people in Marist180 social services and Marist school settings, and those of staff, teachers, parents and others in the community who support them as they undergo those challenges and school to work transitions.
- Developing innovative approaches to learn about and find solutions to social needs and problems, to realise the rich potential of human-centred design, social entrepreneurship, and collaboration with diverse partners.
Our Research Team
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about Marist180 Research:
0457 575 013
Send an enquiry